Overseas Citizens of India Cards allow you to work, do business and live indefinitely in India.
- a foreign national, who was a citizen of India at the time of, or at any time after 26th January 1950
- who was eligible to become a citizen of India on 26th January 1950
- who belonged to a territory that became part of India after 15th August 1947
- who is a child or a grandchild or a great-grandchild of such a citizen;
- who is a minor child of such persons mentioned above;
- who is a minor child and whose both parents are citizens of India or one of the parents is a citizen of India
Spouses of foreign origin of a citizen of India or spouse of foreign origin of an Overseas Citizen of India Cardholder and whose marriage has been registered and subsisted for a continuous period of not less than two years immediately preceding the presentation of the application is also eligible for registration as an OCI cardholder.