Student visas are granted to people who wish to come to India and study at an officially recognized educational institution. This includes the study of Yoga, Vedic culture, and Indian system of dance and music. The main document required is student admission/registration papers from the institution.
- Indian Missions/Posts grant a student visa for a period of five years or for the duration of the course of study, whichever is less, to the below:
- To foreign students coming to India to pursue regular and full-time academic studies in India.
- For foreign students coming for Industrial training, summer project and internship.
- Provisional student visa valid for six months for students exploring admission or taking admission tests.
- Applicant should possess proof of admission to a full time regular academic course in a reputed/recognized educational institution in India and evidence of financial support.
- The applicant should also possess a “No Objection Certificate” from the Ministry of Health in case of admission in medical or Para-medical course.
- Spouse and dependent family members accompanying the applicant must apply for an Entry Visa (Not Tourist Visa. Its termination date will coincide with the period of the principal visa holder.